Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a Birthday Junk



Over the years I have received some very interesting birthday gifts.

I have been given a wheel barrel, bags of cement mix, yard tools, power tools; you get the picture. While they weren't really meant as gifts each one was purchased around the time of my birthday as a necessity. We have an ongoing joke about these "gifts".

This year is the first time I can honestly say I was given a junk by Kimberly and Mark.

The story is Kimberly was looking for a sailboat for me to add to the house decor. She found a Chinese sailboat with a metal sail. She told me she knew it had a name but both of us were at a loss as to the actual name.

Later in the day Craig remembered it was a Chinese Junk.

Now have a Junk on the mantle and it's perfect!











3 comments:

Tori said...

Your junk does look good! Landry for sure cried hardest this time. Chris hardly even looked!

Sarah said...

Love the sailboat! For obvious reasons (Saylor), I love sailboats now. Mas told me I couldn't do that if we named her Saylor, but he'll get over it. Samson even has a collar with sailboats and anchors :)

The Ham Family said...

Hey, Diane, I had EVERY intention of calling you to meet Kaiden and I for lunch one day. But I had to come home for a week before we went to Florida because my mother was in the hospital. She had pancreatitis and then had to have her gall bladder removed. I came home for that week so I could go to Florida and not feel that I had totally dumped on my sister. So I promise next time we WILL have a lunch date. Kaiden had to start at the day care a week earlier than planned since I had to come home but he has adapted great. I sure do miss him!