I've reached a new phase in my fitness/wellness journey. I am now "wogging". Wogging the term I use for my morning walk/jog intervals.
Each morning I go for a 2.5 mile walk and had worked up to a fast pace walk. After a few weeks I decided to challenge myself and see if I could jog a little between lamp posts.
I'm not going to kid myself, it was a hard thing to do but I worked up a very nice sweat and elevating my heart rate felt very productive.
Each week I tried to jog a little further by jogging 2 lamp posts and walking 1. My pace was a 12 minute mile. Not fast but enough to feel great.
I am now up to jogging about 1/2 of the 2.5 miles at a 10.5 minute mile pace. I feel invigorated after these wogs.
I'm convinced the cause of my new obsession is the Jawbone UP bracelet. Since it tracks my steps and pace I only have to challenge myself and hold myself accountable.
April 27- May 31
Steps taken: 481,378 Distance traveled: 218.2 miles
Total since starting February 19
Total steps taken: 1,342,120 Total distance: 603.4 Miles
Total weight loss 19.4 lbs.
Might be time for a new pair of shoes.
1 comment:
New shoes is always a great motivator for me:)
I wouldn't call 10 minutes miles wogging...I think you can officially call it jogging!
Post a Comment