Friday, June 20, 2008

Hurry up and Wait

Have you ever thought time was moving slowly and then think to yourself "where did all the time go?" That is where I'm at right now.

Constuction on the new house is moving quickly. The landscaping is in and I think it looks really pretty. Joshua will be proud that his Mom didn't have to dig a single hole!

The carpet has been installed. Craig and I went with your basic plush carpet because carpet is only in the bedrooms, office and sitting area. The family room, kitchen and dining area are all 18" tile. I love the look.

The appliances were to be installed this week but were not as of Friday afternoon.

Once the appliances are installed and the final touch-ups are complete we will have our walk-thru to find anything we want the builder to "fix". The walk-thru is scheduled for the 30th.

If all continues as projected we will close on the house July 7. Hurray!!!

We are sooo excited to be in an area with sidewalks, bike paths and people who like to be outdoors. Plus only 25 miles to Galveston---bike rides on the sea wall... here we come!

So for now, we will just Hurry Up and Wait.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to come see it ASAP! Sounds great and I love the landscaping but I bet you put your touches into it within a month of moving in! ;)